PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Darke to be re-elected!!! Vote
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2002, 00:28
XFO1-11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuzzy112,

I understand what you are saying; but the problem is that flapless could find the answers to his questions already on the Q&A thread. He just can't be bothered! I think that is why some PPruNe members feel he is being repetitive and does not have a genuine point.

Regards,
XFO1-11

flapless,

From what I have gleaned from the Q&A it seems quite clear the following answers are to be had.

a) Why is it that NO other CC decided to support you ?

You will find that not all BALPA CC's are listed in CD's manifesto endorsement. For example Monarch and British Midland are not listed. So to say that no other CC's supported JF is not technically accurate; what is certain is that they didn't support CD on his manifesto and he did list everyone he could!

b) Jusify the cost of two elections from the subscriptions of all the members.

There does not have to be two elections unless the second one is contested. I certainly like a choice but to state that there has to be a second election is inaccurate. If there is one then fine by me, worth every penny to find a good GS!

c) Give us your feelings about the impact of the bad press which has been generated by using this medium for your election campaign. There have been thousands of 'hits' on this thread. If I lived abroad I would wonder what on earth was going on at BALPA.

Having an election in a democracy is not "bad press" it is the right thing to do. I personally like being able to change governments if I, and the rest of the country, choose every five years. Why should the GS of BALPA be above it? I really would not bother about the perspective of those living abroad when you clearly already live on a different planet!

Now go read the Q&A and think up a genuine question!

XFO1-11