PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: AFAP and the Mutual Benefit Fund
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2009, 04:05
pfzs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More of my Rant

Its very sad as in all this a vote no will not lead to any meaningful discussion.

But what it will do is to empower AFAP to further aggression against the fund, perhaps even to the point requiring the fund to further protect itself. Perhaps even forcing it into further isolation from AFAP.

The information that has been required by everybody to understand the situation has been in front of him or her all the time they just won’t look.

AFAP’s removal from the trusteeship was because executive received legal advice ??? that was contrary to the advice given at the time of the agreement in 2007. and then refusing to have tested the principles under which the trusteeship was formed.

Rather, took a precipitous action of demanding ownership of the assets and control of the board.

Such a demand means comply or face legal action.

Which could have tied up the fund in litigation probably to the point of tying up the assets of the fund until resolved, this, at a very volatile point in economic history.

You must have asked yourself this during the debate. Just what do you expect from your Board now Trustees. I myself expect them to protect my fund and follow the rules of the fund or beheld accountable personally.

The legal advice to the fund is from a top tier law firm, they wrote the rules of the trusteeship, and advised both AFAP and MBF at the time of setting up the trusteeship.

My reading of the Rules of the Fund and the philosophy behind the rules prohibit the action that AFAP demand.

They don’t just gloss over it or not mention it they actually prohibit it.

So you would have to question the competence of executive forcing the fund into this position, and then mounting an attack on the fund for defying them and there wishes. Just what did they expect? What did you expect?

What AFAP required from the fund board, would require participation from fund membership requesting a rule change, a rule change to allow AFAP to hold fund assets and control the board, and allowing the membership to vote on this expressing there wishes.

Has there been such a request????

If you personally wish AFAP to Hold the assets write to the board/trustees pointing out your wishes for review of the rules governing this. The rules were written the way they were for a specific reason, They may very well need reviewing however lets not deepen the wedge between AFAP and MBF.

Your Vote will be counted on the 8th September don't let apathy over come you.

A No Vote will give AFAP room to manoeuvre to further attack the fund.

Remember this action has not been sanctioned officially by executive there just allowing it to happen.

This is your AFAP and MBF you are an owner let your wishes be known