PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich Airspace Grab
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2009, 03:42
chrisN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m still curious. Some quotes:
------------------------
off watch , post 130. 26.8.09:

Quote "..attempting to disadvantage a lot larger number of GA pilots, glider pilots etc " - how many is "a lot larger number" ? - Norwich can produce their numbers, can you ?
---------------------------
Me, post 132:

Off watch, do the numbers that Norwich can produce include me (glider, no transponder, never called Norwich ATC when using the cathedral as a turning point) and if so, (a) how does Norwich know, and (b) am I included once as a user, or every time I go in, and again every time I come out, like passengers are counted?

Just curious.
--------------------------------
off watch , post 133. 26.8.09:

chrism

Thanks for an excellent example of a flaw in the system. Norwich can produce aircraft movement & pax figures on demand. Your individual case has much merit but on its own I suspect would not carry much weight without many more concrete examples whilst DAP are faced with the "I am not inclined to spend 10 minutes orbiting whilst waiting for many Class D units to get around to granting a transit" argument.

--------------------------

niknak post 154, 29.8.09 to WorkingHard:

3.Your WHY questions have frequently been answered on this site, however it seems that most of the time the answer doesn't suit you. The size of the area of airspace applied for was decided by to be the applcant, i.e Airport Authority, not ATC, so why expect a response from us?
We have got an excellent working relationship over the airspace design with the military, again that has been stated on the site previously.

Your obsession with ROCAS when the airspace isn't even there yet and your repeated assumption that we will do everything within our power as ATCOs to keep anything other than airliners outside the zone, is beyond comprehension.

-------------------------------
niknak post 157. 30.8.09:

Z.A - like WH, your post is based upon pure supposition and not an ounce of fact, prove your case with the facts.
----------------------------------

[me again, now:]

So it is down to the objectors to collect all the data that the applicants and their apologists claim to have, are shown not to have, are forced to admit they don’t have due to “a flaw in the system”, won’t collect and supply because they don’t see it as their flaw, and any complaints from objectors are either the fault of the objectors or not justified?

What research did the applicants undertake as to how many “ROCAS” responses, without a time limit, are given by other class D operators and ATC units? And research into how many other such units have a single controller who runs out of capacity to provide a service to (to take a random example) glider pilots?

As I said, still curious, but gradually forming an opinion.

Chris N.