PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Controversial LH Cargo letter
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2009, 14:58
Tank2Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against higher yields, and I realize that this bleeding of cash can't continue forever, but you also have to see the big picture of what's going inside Lufthansa. Outsourcing is and has been a big issue between LH pilots and management, not only with cargo but also with LH Cityline and airlines like Cirrus and Augsburg Airways. If you keep these things in mind, you will be able to see this "controversial letter" in a different light and is suddenly not that "controversial" anymore. Did you get around to reading that thread that I linked in my second post?

Tank2Engine, apparently it seems you have no idea about cargo business. Do you have any idea about the size of Lufthansa Cargo?
Well, first of all, whether it's cargo or pax, in the end it's all about the same things: yields (either charged per kilo, or per SLF) unions, costs etc. The fundamental laws of economics are no different for boxes than for passengers. If you think yields are low only for cargo airlines then I suggest that you take a look in the business and first class of any random airline. How come we don't hear any CEO (Mayrhuber for example! ) talk about raising rates for passengers? Second, yes, I know how big LCAG is, but then again I never implied that that changes happen overnight. Rome was not build in one day, and neither will the outsourcing of LC to AL happen overnight. Nevertheless, if you take a closer look at the issues at stake in Lufthansa, a trend is clearly visible and this economic crisis is just a very nice disguise.