PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Qantas
Thread: Thanks Qantas
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2009, 12:22
VHOGI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Qantas

Today my youngest and I did a MEL-SYD-MEL hop to burn up some FFP's, ride the ferries and see the Harbour but more importantly to spend some quality time together. On the way home, QF447, she asked if she could say hi to the pilots, after explaining why this was not an option in-flight we hung around in our seats after we docked back at Gate 24 at MEL until all pax were off and asked the CSM if this would be possible, after a quick check my girl was soon racing her way up front with the CSM for a visit to the flightdeck of our taxi home, a workhorse B767-300, and I have to say here and now the welcome she got was simply amazing, these 2 guys were fantastic, they took her in, sat her in the Left Hand seat, put on the captains hat and took some great photos, these are the sorts of things that in this day and age make all the BS we put up with in life all the more worthwhile. To the flight crew of this particular flight you'll be pleased to know my 6 year old girl has just gone to bed with a memory of today that will not be erased for a long time, after weeks of planning and all the excitement and expectation of the day, her most vivid and strong memory is what happened at the end of this flight and for that I am eternally grateful. What more can I say but a bloody huge thank you to the crew of this flight, you have etched a memory in 2 people that will not be erased for a LONG time.