PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to dry climate & allergies.
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2009, 09:48
sandblasted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, in summer it is very hot and humid, the dust varies on where you live. If you live on the corniche (beach area) the sea air does wonders for your chest but breathing Aircon every day,while sleeping and working can bring other problems I.e. sinus and stuffy cold symptoms from time to time, switching from cold to intense heat doesnt help either and with Abu being a hub for the world you tend to get nasty bugs floating around all year from each continent as people visit their home countries and return with the all year round winter colds etc.
On a plus point though, I suffered from hayfever in my past life which doesnt seem to affect me here.
If you live in the desert the sand storms invade your home , chest and every single part of your life (gone through a few vacuum cleaners trying to clear dust filled home) A few of my friends with Famiily who suffer from asthma have said their asthma symptoms worsened even living downtown.
I dont want to paint a negative picture (people do adapt to this climate ) just wanted to give my honest observation over the years spent here.
If I were you I would come over in the worst months July and Aug to get an idea before commiting to the place

Last edited by sandblasted; 29th Aug 2009 at 09:58.