PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The Ambidji Report – CASA should get their money back!
Old 29th Aug 2009, 04:44
Charlie Foxtrot India

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
Dick, Class D requires us to have 1000 feet vertical separation from cloud, which will stop all flights if the cloud base is below 2500 feet, there is also doubt about being able to use parallel runways.

A circuit cap from 10 to 6 means that we have to allocate our fixed costs over 40% less trade. More than 40% on single runway ops. How can that save costs? See my shop trading space and hours analogy?

I applaud having controllers present for longer hours but WE will be paying for it. Less movements, more controllers. Sure as eggs the Govt isn't going to subsidise it, it will come from our location specific charges.

Will you put your money where your mouth is, and if Class D works out more expensive, you will personally reimburse us all for the difference in perpetuity?

What we need is proper, throrough consultation, implementation and review. How can CASA know more the the locals about what is "good" for Jandakot, they closed thier office and buggered off years ago! We had a survey, but no consulation. That's the real issue here. I'm sure Class D could work well, but CASA shouldn't just ignore the concerns of the operators who work here and dictate to us, nor should anyone else unless they ahve spent at least ten years running an aviation business here!