PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach Briefing
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 23:27
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub I love you!
What I meant was exactly that: in my cockpit there is not, there's never been, and won't never be any crew member who is sure that I am infallible. That is, if at any time somebody feels the need to go around because who is at that moment at controls, is not doing what he was expected to do, can and must do so (according to the Pilot Incapacitation Procedure). It's 'a bit' as the billiard player who declares what his shot will be. He is 'predictable' (and that's what we want), but he is also easily criticized when and if he don't do what he said.

Quote:
d) To honor the memory of the pilots (not ignoring what they wanted to teach us with their error), and all the occupants of AA Flight 965 crashed in the BUGA 20/Dic/1995 due to:
IF the respective pilots had continued with the original plan (instead of accepting an ill-advised last minute change, with concurrant FMS duff gen)...we wouldn't be reading about them...now. ...

Quote:
2. Failure of the flightcrew to discontinue the approach into Cali, despite numerous cues alerting them of the inadvisability of continuing the approach.

Quote:
And only in very rare cases accepted a change of runway at the last minute.
Regards
DOVES