PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Know You Are In Africa When.....
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 22:00
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ezulwini Valley, Swaziland (July 29, 2002)--Earlier this year, the Transport Minister of Swaziland admitted during a parliamentary sitting that one of the navy's ships was missing.

"The situation is absolutely under control," said Minister Ephraem Magagula. "Our nation's navy is perfectly safe. We just don't know where it is. We believe it is in a sea somewhere. We sent a team of men to look for it, but there was a problem with drink and they failed to find it, and so, technically, yes, we've lost it a bit. But I categorically reject all suggestions of incompetence on the part of this government. The ship is a big ship painted in the sort of nice bright colours you can see at night. Mark my words, it will turn up."
.. being cleared to land about 2 miles out from a straight in then told to eeeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh exteeend downhawind (for about 6 minutes) due to traffic (a C150 crossing the numbers).

... finding out the XXX ndb has been stolen.

... being amazed at how many people actually fit into a peugeot 405 ET.

... getting into a datsun cherry taxi and falling into the trunk when the driver hits the gas.

... locals thumbing a lift from oncoming traffic.

I do miss Africa !

Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 29th Aug 2009 at 00:17.