PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the real truth behind Jet Connect?
Old 28th Aug 2009, 20:47
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

That's the point that blown is making though. QF pilots have to jump through a bunch of hoops that others don't and at the end of it we're supposedly no better than anyone else. Those hoops ostensibly serve no purpose. They add considerably to the cost of being a QF pilot for (supposedly) no added benefit.

The point is that QF on the one hand seem to think those hoops are necessary but don't make others within the group jump through them. It's an inconsistent stance that benefits those who undercut the jobs.

As to standards, hard for any line driver to comment intelligently- from any airline. There are only 3-4 people I suspect that would have the real picture across the Jetconnet, Jetstar and mainline operation. Sadly I don't see Roly and a couple of the others posting on PPRUNE. A chat with them can be informative though.

longjohn, I'm sure QF would love to take the 45 year old former EK 777 driver for a command slot on less pay than they're looking at having to pay the 37 year old F/O who has been with QF for 13 years who is now about to upgrade. I'm sure the 45 year old former EK 777 driver can't possibly fathom why the scenario above strikes of extreme self interest (the same self interest as those who have been in QF for 13 years and are close to command no doubt but at least one has shown continued loyalty to the carrier) and further enforces the 'race for the bottom' that permit carriers like Jetconnect, J* NZ, Pac Blue, to a lesser degree J* Oz and DJ to continue to pay poor terms and conditions.

What is disappointing too is that I recall a longjohn who once asked when the race to the bottom would cease but your comments now indicate that you're quite happy to continue running that very same race. You've changed man! (said in my best hippy voice).

Last edited by Keg; 28th Aug 2009 at 21:03.