PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 20:06
proxus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Proxus old chap.A bit incensed are we not? I see from your profile that you are a student and perhaps not quite familiar with the intricate system that could be described as segregation by contract and nationality with AAI.
Thank you for reminding me to update my profile. That information is 9 yrs old now.

You're absolutely right, I do not know the claimed intricate threads of national segregation woven into this company and my point was not directed at it.
No matter what, in a civilized discussion "Ice Nigger" would not be used.

But if I'd use my layman eyes, I can try to make a comment about this company. As far as I can see, it an Icelandic founded company were mostly the Icelandic pilots work on a union contract. To meet extra demand the company hires in contracted pilots who are, by my understanding, on a lesser T&C than the pilots with the union contract which is in my eyes pretty normal. Almost all the time, it has been better to have a backing of a union than to be on your own, right?

So the time goes by and after some years the contracted pilots get pissed off because the union pilots are rubbing their contract into the faces of the contracts ?
So what, because of some few stupid union pilots, do I deserve to called derogatory names on a public website?

And as far as discriminatory company goes, how about one Icelandic airline who does not hire Icelandic pilots, Jetx! They have openly stated that they will not hire Icelandic pilots (they're afraid that we want to join a union if there's to many of us in one place).

So my point is, even though you have had some run-ins with a few, don't transfer that to us all.