PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Safety report
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 16:51
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No. If you have union representation, and if they (your union delgates) are to come from the pilot body, then they MUST have the ability to be PRESENT when negotiations take place -that HAS to, obviously, include roster flexibility (or would you rather have ALL negotiations wait until the logistical dance of all having pilot s time off coincides?)- you may well be anti-union, but the ability to represent your constituency is not a 'perk' but a vital part of the process.

Cessna, I'm not anti union, quite the contrary.
When I joined many moons ago, there was one union, the today AF ALPA. Many solar resolutions later where are at 5 !! All this for the same airline. Most of them don't total more than a hundred members for a total of 4000 pilots. Who or what do you think they represent ??? SQUAT !! Give it more time and we'll have 8 !!
Everytime some yobos do not agree with the majority, they break off and start their own little shop. I don't think this does a lot for the pilot's representation but it certainly gives their rep some valuable leisure time.
Give me Vereinigung Cockpit any time or even BALPA. Mind you, even the german pilots are embracing our bad habits with Verdi.
For the rest, I am absolutly with you.