PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VLM
Thread: VLM
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 13:04
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor
Great shame to see a once successful airline butchered in this way. Has echos of Air UK, & not just because of the FK50s.
Successful and popular. I fly regularly from LCY to AMS with VG. I recently booked another flight through VG, checked in and went to the gate and what was waiting there a WX RJ85. Personally I felt that the RJ85 was much more cramped than the F50 and the service felt hurried and missed that attentive and friendlyVG touch.

It is a shame T3 didn't go through with starting up on the route. Their product would have been a great replacement for VG. I hope WX decide to put the F50 back on the route.

Originally Posted by egnxema
Sad to see the VLM Airlines brand going, but as the economy seem to be on the turn upwards the new Cityjet is well positioned for LCY expansion.
Very sad. I would have thought the VG brand was stronger and more highly thought of than the WX one. They will be we positioned for expansion. However I can't help but think they might meet some resistance from regulators and other airlines when it comes to expansion. Didn't they have to hand over slots to T3 when they where bought by AF?. Do those slots still belong to T3?.

Originally Posted by DutchBird-757
Now that is hideous! I always liked the VLM fokkers. Smart and elegant planes. Look at it now. Yuk...feel sorry for the guys flying them. But as long as there's money coming in...who cares about the outside. (they must have thought)
Must admit I don't like the look of it much either. Much prefered the bold VLM livery. It seemed to suit the aircraft more. They have done one thing worse than change the livery. OO-VLQ when it was in VLM colours used to be named City of Manchester. I notice now it has been given Cityjet colours the name had disappeared. Does anyone know if they F50's will be renamed??.