PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From ATPL(H) (Interim Procedure) to CPL(A)
Old 28th Aug 2009, 11:51
heliporto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From ATPL-H to ATPL-A (after Interim Procedure)

Following my thread from 13 January 2009 aboout going from H to A (after Interim Procedure), I´ve just finished my ATPL-H exams (Interim Procedure course), and I expect to have my CPL-H license (from the CAA) during next October, after doing the training. The 18 month window (from ATPL-H) will last until the exams of next October/09, what means I would have about a month to do both of the fixed wing exams still missing, (if still inside the 18 months period from the H course).

I have 2 questions:

- To get also the ATPL-A credit, in order to get also the fixed wing theory done, must the 2 exams missing (Performance and FW Principles of Flight) be done still during the 18 months of the ATPL-H ? Or is it considered a new course (exempt of the exams already passed), and the number of attempts and the 18 months window starts to count again after first attempt of this 2 FW exams ?

- After having the CPL-H license, and in case I might not do be able to do the 2 exams in next October/09, what would be the normal requirements to go from CPL-H to CPL-A (what exams must I do?), and would I get the ATPL-A credit after passing those exams , or does it only applies to holders of ATPL-H ?

Thanks a lot

PS: I´ve already asked this to the CAA, but since I only have one month to take the decision on doing this exams, and the answer probably shouldn´t arrive before that...