PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma!!
Thread: Dilemma!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2009, 11:23
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxi, do you see a contradiction here?

I am going to need 30k per annum
Oh and already sourced an instructor who is willing to train for me for £20ph, as long as it fits in with his schedule.
A full time job is roughly 40 weeks of 40 hours = 1600 hours. Times £20ph is £32000. That means that you have to actually train people full-time, and do things like administration, marketing and everything in your own time to get the income you want. And it assumes zero downtime because of weather, maintenance, late cancellations, airport closures or other snags. Or do you think you can ask significantly more than the current market price for microlight training?

i would still make money out of the £100 per hour training charge that is typical these days.
Of course if you own the aircraft you might just make a tiny bit of profit on the rental rates but search the forums for "cheap hour building" and you'll find that it's very, very rare to be able to operate a reasonable aircraft, even a microlight, for much less than £80ph. So that profit won't be much. And of course, if the students you are training are going solo at some point in time, you only make the rental profit and are sitting idle on the ground because you have no airplane to train others on. And what happens when, after obtaining their PPL, they come back to you in droves to rent your aircraft so that they can finally exercise their PPL privileges?

Im not going to commnt on this anymore as its just getting a dumping ground for smart arses to try and find holes inmy theory.
Maybe one day you'll learn that the best friends you have are not the ones who put you up a pedestal and admire everything you say. The best friends are the ones that are willing to refuse you something, or poke holes in your theories, to prevent you from getting harmed.

And a lot of the smart arses 'round here have been in the industry for a considerable time and know what works and not. Whereas you don't even have a PPL yet, let alone an FI ticket.

Please dont dimiss this as another silly thread , its a true dilemma and need some advice.
If all you wanted is moral support, you should have said so. Don't dismiss the advice because you don't like it.

Basically i want a fresh start.
Did anyone mention the term "mid-life crisis" already?