PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Center & Ormond Beach Aviation
Old 28th Aug 2009, 09:18
FlyBoyFryer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TropicalFridge is right in what he's saying re: training beyond PPL level in the US vs. UK... which is precisely why I did all my subsequent training here in the UK.

I landed up doing an extra 10 hours on my CPL (granted, some bad weather adversley affected continuity but still...) which equated to at least a couple more thousand pounds in the end. On top of that, flying regs are different here to the US (Flight Following, wow, that would be nice, Mr. ATC?!) and Comms procedures certainly differ, he's right on that. These are hard cold facts that one has to take onboard before committing.

Also, don't just assume your US training will go according to schedule and minimum amounts!

Simply put - can you afford to take the chance of having to carry out potentially large amounts of re-training and handle pre-conceived notions of inferior training/qualifications, not to mention fight your way to be on an even keel in the end?

Maybe I'm being unduly harsh too... but those were my personal motivations, considerations and experiences.

Last edited by FlyBoyFryer; 28th Aug 2009 at 11:03.