PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich Airspace Grab
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 23:10
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have Norwich got the taxiway to the end of the westerly runway fixed yet?

Or is it still like taxing over a carvan site access road.

I can understand why they want it, the new deconfliction service is a bit of a nightmare for radar vectoring. I still can't quite understand why they have to seperate VFR from those under a deconfliction service in class G but yet if you were in class D they wouldn't have to seprate VFR from IFR.

I have submitted my view that it's introduction will hinder the major majority of that airspace users for what is actually an incredibly small amount of commercial movements.

Norwich has never been a favorite of mine to operate out of. The only reasonable service was the ATC apart from the grumpy old bastard that wouldn't let me avoid the caravan access road by back tracking (and there were no movements while we very slowly went up it). Anything to do with the terminal and ground handeling was a joke from start to finish. God forbid I ever have to go there on a wx diversion. I have seen the chaos when you book 2 days in advance I can't imagine what it would be like with 25mins notice.

but more to do with the eventual application of common sense.
Sorry niknac i don't believe you, apart from the fact that it would be the first time in 5 years that I have irregularly operated out of there common sense has ever be evident. Its very convenient that the subject gets raised as a point against the operators for class D and then it get's solved. I still believe it will be a cold day in hell before a fee wouldn't be charged to GA.