PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK RAF launches Afghan work-up with Merlin helicopters
Old 27th Aug 2009, 22:52
Yeoman_dai

Location: See that little island just above France? Yeah, there...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect Jacko, and I mean that - you do seem to know your stuff, however you do come across as awfully biased agianst FAA/AAC. Although in this particular case, the Merlin crews seem to have made a good choice - i'm sure they did a good job in Iraq, and deserve a decent training ex - Wizard's extract does seem to point to the fact it is a massivly important training area for US forces about to Afghanistan - ALTHOUGH I will make the point that it seems more built around training for the ground elements more than the air elements of the Marine Forces - of all the facilities listed there, it's hard to see what there is specifically for helicopter training they couldn't have got elsewhere... hmm

Fingers crossed that this thread doesn't turn into the utter debacle that the last one was, with caution thrown to the four winds and dirty laundry aired for anyone to see by people who should know better.

Also, as a Welshman, I resent that damn remark in the extract. As if the English don't act overly superior enough as it is