PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces mail to the 'stan
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 14:45
moosemaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wader, yes it is a thread about mail, however....

The mail topic can easily be sorted by the acquisition of more AT assets.

Barnstormer seems to have decided that the aeromed evac suffered because of the same problem, however my interpretation of the article is somewhat different. I'm not disregarding the lack of medical expertise, but it was an agreed point so no discussion is necessary. I was merely discounting other comments on the subject that implied that the RAF do not care about the soldiers.

He seems also not to have noticed that the article said that the USAF re-tasked assets that were ALREADY scheduled to travel to the desired locations, instead deciding that the RAF were unable to undertake the task, which was not reported and is only assumed on his part.

"We were able to quickly identify a mission that was planned to fly into Afghanistan, and after coordinating with other agencies in the 618th TACC we were able to re-task the mission as an aeromedical evacuation flight,"
Enter the second C-17 and aircrew, assigned to the 385th Air Expeditionary Group, who were also previously scheduled to fly a cargo mission in Afghanistan. Officials at the 618th TACC delivered a similar notification that they'd been re-tasked to be involved in the lifesaving effort.
That said, I'll not post further on the subject.