PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 14:32
IndAir967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posts By Abcdpilot In The Last 3 Days

ABCD PILOT THIS IS WHAT U HAVE BEEN POSTING.. FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS IN DIFFERENT THREADS..

I passed my class 2...my BMI is like 25.1, but I think i'm like 15% body fat. I work out a ton, but some guy one time at max delhi told me i needed to lose weight! I mean i could lose 5% of my body I guess, I can't really lose my muscle...
I'm coming back to India on Sept. 30th for my Medical. I just lack the connections. I know some of the HR people in the airlines, but they are giving me the "not hiring" message. I know Spice Jet, GO AIR, and Indigo have all hired people with a little help from uncle ghandi.
Okay, I'll post my credentials:

I am an FAA/DGCA CPL Holder
900 Hours Total Time
350 Hours Jet Experience
Challenger 604 Corporate Jet Rating (48,200 LBS MTOW)
2 Years experience flying a Corporate Jet in mumbai under FATA
CPL/CFI/II
Graduate from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a degree in Business 2007

I'm willing to finance an A-320/B-737 type rating if appointed to a company or whatever it takes to get onto an airbus or 737.(Well not anything, but anything sensible)
Also, I can do my frozen FAA, do you think that would be an advantage? I was going to wait till I was closer to 1500 because it will expire, but maybe I should just get that done.
WORST OF IT ALL..

Okay, So i decided there's only one way to get a job. Severe networking. At least it can't hurt to try. Therefore, I've created a list of all my contacts. I will send it to whoever wants it, BUT here is the catch:

YOU MUST SEND ME ONE AIRLINE CONTACT FOR ME TO FWD U MY LIST. IT ALSO MUST BE DIFFERENT THEN THE ONES ON MY LIST. I'll tell you what I have so faro:

Indigo - I got the HR heads email/phone number
- I know three Capts, but i won't give out their info they are my friends!
GoAir - The HR@ or Jobs@ doesnt work. So i got the Chief Pilots e-mail addy
Air India - I'm an NRI (OCI) so I don't care, but if anybody has info I'll gladly add it.
Jet Lite - I have their expat email address, not sure if that helps anybody. I also got the CRJ Chief Pilots info.
Kingfisher - I don't think anybody really cares. I know two FO's there, but once again they are my friends so I won't give tha tout.
Spice Jet - I have the careers@ email like everybody else, but nothing else.
Paramount - I have 3 emails and phone numbers to upper management guys there, but since it's 40 lacs to go fly a EMB 170, I'm going to bite my tongue...okay I'll put that on the list too.
Luan Airways - a new start up, I have all of their contact info, but they are looking for type rated CRJ guys...which I am, but no call back
Star Air India - no contact info, please add it to the list.
Deccan 360 - I have just the standard HR emails.

Recruiters - I know one recruiter who has done recruiting for all of the above airlines. I'm trying to talk him into becoming an agent. He has too many ethics, however. So, he's a good friend of mine and is sneaking me some other addys/phone numbers and trying to work out a deal for me. (maybe he doesn't have ethics)

Agents - I have the email addy of one agent, though I'm not sure if it's legitimate or not.
____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________
ABCD PILOT I hope u realise that PPRUNE is the meeting point of some of the most experienced of flight crews on this planet with some flying the A380s and a lot of em flying the B777s and a lot of curious young FOs like me who are hear to learn from the experienced and also share the knowledge we have got to young pilots and wannabees..

Having been an instructor I can see the enthusiasm you have got in this industry and it doesnt require big brains to realise that u are aspiring to be a professional pilot.. but I really want to emphasise that you definitely need to be frank enough with the way you are.. no body is here to show off their credentials and contacts .. we are all here to learn..
A lot of us in our industry are striving very hard to change the way western folks(expat pilots coming to india) think of the attitude the indian fos have got..

The fundamentals of instruction say MOTIVATION is the basis of all learning..
So instead of commenting on anything that u ve posted .. I would ask you to remain frank and straightforward if u need to go any where in this industry..

May you take it to the skies !

Last edited by IndAir967; 27th Aug 2009 at 14:45.