PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 07:58
pocket_pusseye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senior Hong Management gives themselves a PAY-RISE

Yes this is a first post.
No this is not a wind up. This is fact.

I registered a pprune name because for all these years I was a reader not a poster, but something just came to my attention that just needed to be told.

Background, I have a close family member at this company and I have heard about the goings on here on a daily basis. Having been in Hong Kong for nearly 20 years I have alot Asian friends in the industry. Hong Kong in the scheme of things is a small place and aviation is a small world. Someone in the know informed me that the upper managers of HKE and HKA have decided that their doing such a great job they gave themselves a pay rise. Nice one Wu and Ronny

So they cry poor, sack the best pilots they have got, slash pilots pay by 50% and show them the door if they do not like it, then buy a few 777's, then give themselves a pay rise because if the HUGE sacrifices they took (see 15% paycut for 4 months) Talk about breaking every moral, ethical and business management 101 rule there is.

I think this would make a great South China Morning article. "Hong Kong Airlines gives front line employees 50% paycut, and gives themselves a pay rise" Newspaper editors; dont believe me?, Ring Ronal Mcdonal and ask for a statement.

On another note. Here's another brilliant idea from the Singa Thinktank. Employ, train and pay 737 SO's. Yes "S" O's. So they hire nil time pilots, train and endorse them on the 737. They are getting WIDEBODYS you know. They will need these SO's very soon. So the 50+ pilots they have on the payrole for 2 aircraft is not enough. Need SO's

They need to flush more money down the drain and pay for something they do not need.

Whatever the top 10 rules are in business, do the oposite and you have the Singa management team.