PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher rising like a phoenix
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 04:45
ABCD Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re

Looks like two things:

1) Air India is spending more time trying to combat the competition rather then clean up their completely inefficient airline. They are overstaffed, underqualified, and unorganized...more so then any airline in the world. The pilots and flight attendants are good chaps/gals and hard working too. Hopefully they will privatize it, allowing more room for competitors to actually compete!

2) Kingfisher is going from one unprofitable route to another? Sell the damn LHR slot...they'd make money of it! Jet was cancelled one of their flights, and sold it for more money then they had lost on that sector.

Now, I've seen on Kingfisher's wikipedia page they have 135 orders. I know they have xld alot...does anybody have any Idea how many orders they have?

Despite all this abrupt stop and backwards movement in the industry, boeing is still predicting massive growth and airlines still have tons of orders? Is this because they simply can't get rid of the orders, or do they actually expect to become profitable?

I believe KF was suppose to be profitable by 2007 (ha), I don't think they envisioned this mess!

A wise man once said: You want to become a millionaire? Start with a billion dollars, then start an airline. I believe it was the great Richard Bronson. I think Vijay just missed that when he was sippin his whisky with old chap Richard!

By the way, somebody give me a job!!!!!!!!!!

900 TT
350 Jet
Indian/FAA CFI/CPL

Willing to fly ANYTHING...except for a 172 for spirit