PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The Ambidji Report – CASA should get their money back!
Old 27th Aug 2009, 04:28
QSK?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Facts Please Dick

Dick:

For example, there has been one mid-air in the Bankstown control zone in a forty year period – and this happened because a pilot inadvertently overshot the base turning point for landing on a runway when parallel runways were in use.
For your information, in the last 40 years there have been exactly 5 (maybe 6) instances of MACs at Bankstown airport or Bankstown airspace, viz:

1971: C182/C150 (non fatal)
1974: DH104/PA30 (fatal)
1975: PA30/C182 collision (non-fatal)
2002 : PA28/TB9 (fatal)
2008 : C152/Liberty XL (fatal)

Even your experts have mentioned this fact in their reports. Don't you read what you pay for?

I have commissioned three independent Reviews of the Ambidji Report. I paid for these reviews myself
That doesn't sound like an independent review to me! Whilst it is good for overall aviation safety that you have taken the personal initiative to solicit more reviews of this very important subject, please don't try and snowball us by implying its an independent review. It's a bit like Philip Morris hiring consultants to confirm that smoking cigarettes has no adverse health impacts on young children.

....having chosen Consultants who had no vested interest and no conflict of interest.
Sounds like you are implying CASA's consultant MAY HAVE a conflict of interest. If so what is it? You should be aware from your own experience inside CASA that all government bodies undertake extensive evaluation processes to ensure they are protected from potential COI accusations.