PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76: Ask Nick Lappos
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 04:07
LowTime

Thanks Gome Pylot, yes you are correct in your description in starting. Button In and then move the lever to Idle gate and if need be modulate slightly from there to keep T5 up or down.

We / I have found that after you start 1 engine and you have moved the lever into the Flight Gate and then you go to start the 2nd engine exactly the way you started the 1st, it won't light off. I have had the engine start to light off as I have been pulling the lever back, but because i have had the starter whining away for at least 6 secs and nothing happen i have discontinuted the start. No T5 indication of light off at all.

Wait your ususal 30 secs before attemting a restart and 'Bingo' that engine will fire up quite normally. Our A++ have 2 small 'Gates' and a trigger set up on the lever. There is a Gate for Idle and a Gate for Flight. Pulling the trigger in allows you to move the lever backwards until hitting the gate. (Bloody hard to describe the overhead Engine & Fuel Levers in words )

You may think that we are upside down, we prefer to think of the rest of ya are at the bottom the wrong way up.

Cheers & Beers
LT