PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - deccan cargo 360
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 00:22
ABCD Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
start up

Look, Deccan 360 is a startup. I don't think Air Deccan was a failure as per Gopinath's fault. Industry regs and taxation made it impossible to make money. He saw more opportunity in selling to KF then sustaining in operating.

The Cargo operation looks extremely profitable. They are getting investors who are in the Industry, manufacturing, and storage areas. So they are doing more then just flying cargo, they are doing all of the logistics as well....similar to Fex Ex in the US and how they deal with mass amounts of cargo - not small little parcels which Fed Ex also does.

I think if you get on with them, they pay very well and treat you well. The 15 lacs for your training is not bad - compared to other airlines, and you would get widebody jet time. True it's old technology, not like a A330F or 777F, but nevertheless still great time for a low time guy.

I have 900 TT 350 Jet time, and I would love to join. Somebody point me in the right direction with some connections/contacts? Thanks guys/Gals.