PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Safety report
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2009, 21:46
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 'Locked door'
And then they decided to do the lowest, slowest flyby possible using the alpha floor (aoa limiting) protection system to supply TOGA power at the last possible second. Their mistake was to be ignorant of the fact that alpha floor is inhibited below 30 radio. By the time they realised something was amiss and pushed the thrust levers forward it was way too late, the CFM56 (like any large jet engine) takes time to spool up.
Here, I’m afraid you’re pushing a bit far, it has never been question to rely on the Alpha Floor protection during the fly by presentation. In their pursuit to exclusively blame the crew, the BEA would have mentioned it … but if you’re able to quote it from their report, please do !

Originally Posted by 'shortfinals'
CONF iture - if you read the report you'd know the answers to the implied questions you framed.
It's in French, but here it is: http://www.bea.aero/docspa/1988/f-kc...f-kc880626.pdf
Why do I suspect you'd rather stick with your prejudices than educate yourself?
For reading it at least once, I think I’m doing ok with the report.
But if you’re ready to educate me, please explain how the elevators didn’t follow the full back stick order and actually just did the opposite ? (page 37 in the report)

Once again, I firmly believe the crew did attempt something stupid, but it was the BEA duty to underline what went wrong in the airplane as well …

Last edited by CONF iture; 26th Aug 2009 at 22:14.