PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich Airspace Grab
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2009, 21:06
off watch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gasax
"once somewhere has controlled airspace that is exactly what they do - control and restrict entry to it." Of course they do - 1) that's why it's called Controlled Airspace 2) if they didn't restrict entry to it , there would be no point in it in the first place would there ?

"I can see little reason for the RCOCAS call which routinely answers transit requests".
I will ask again - are you really suggesting ATC have nothing better to do than make you hold for fun or out of spite ? If you really believe that, you should make your point to SRG now.

You may scoff at the 'safety' card & I wont presume to lecture you on Safety Management Systems & the like but they are the 'big thing' with SRG these days. Have a look at the definition of ALARP on Wikipedia.
"Either the margin / probability is acceptable or you should not be flying" - true, so obviously it is considered safe today - but like it or not, controlled airspace must make it safer tomorrow.

Finally "why have you not linked your Class D directly to the airways" - remember the adage "from small acorns, big oaks grow" - one step at a time perhaps ?