PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paralyzing Panic Attack
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2009, 15:34
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Patient says:

Anaphylaxis WON'T come out of nothing. There must be an antigent, be it a bee sting, a pollen grain, a dust mite, or certain food etc. Since there is no evidence that your fd/student had been in contact with such antigent, I can claim that the chance for anaphylaxis is minimal. Also, other symptoms of anaphylaxis include swelling, rashes, suffocation (due to swelling of trachea) etc... these were not found in your fd/student. and if it were really anaphylaxis, 40 mins of anaphylaxis would be enough to KILL him.
To be pedantic, I said, Nowhere. This is clearly an everyday expression.

There is no doubt that horrendous symptoms can suddenly appear after many hours with no food intake of any kind. Some of the symptoms can be so like our aircrew first aid training for a heart attack, that it would take an expert to detect the difference. As mentioned in a later post, the severity can cover a wide range.

Lateral thinking doesn't means thinking without logic.
Thank you for the lesson in philosophy, I bear that in mind when I'm next trying to make sense of bewildering symptoms.

The thing is, so many places on the planet have considerable aviation activity. A great number of these places have little or no medical support. Everything we can take on board during emergency training and forums like this, becomes very important when days away from help.

Heaven knows, so many Americans have no medical cover whatsoever, and their fear of going to a hospital - and then getting a bill that will cost them their house - is so great that many will abandon their treatment the second they can walk.