PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2009, 11:41
Primagic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NATS Exams

Hi

I sat my NATS exams yesterday and they were hard.

The first exam only covered the document that NATS sent you. I never memorised all the aircraft information at the back apart from be familiar with the speeds, routes and FL of the aircraft. I think there were two questions to this information. All questions on the exams by the way are multiple choice. (40 questions - 20 mins) I done well in this exam.

Know about the Nav Aids - VOR, DME, ILS and NDB and what they do.
I had a question about ILS - what does it do and what is the glide path degrees.

A couple of questions about how many stacks London has and a few questions about seperation levels.

2nd exam was the Numerical exam. This was the hardest for me. Maths was never my skill though. 40 questions in 20 mins, without a calculator. Work fast and accurate.

Two planes travelling towards each other, 1 at 450mph and the other at 400mph, 5 miles apart how long before they collide.

Aircraft descending at 1000ft/minute, cruising at 35000ft, no fuel at 400mph, which airport can they make?

Third exam was diagram reasoning. Following commands and actions and come up with the correct sequence. I found this pretty easy to be honest.

Last exam was the Cube Spatial Reasoning. 40 questions in 20 mins i think.

Got harder as the pages went on. I did well in this exam too.

So hopefully the maths wont pull me down.

If anyone has any questions, email me at [email protected]