PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2009, 09:56
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFBSLF & hawker 750

Thank you for your veiws, but I stand my my hindsight comments, the first that I knew about JR was about four years back when I bumped into one of the directors who was flying one of my aircraft.

As I seem to remember about that time we were all surfing the crest of an economic wave, Gordon Brown's "no return to boom & bust" was still credable and all was looking good on the economic front.

So what did you have to say at that time OFBSLF ? I think that your predictions from Feb 2009 are very accurate but not very hard to make given the change of economic climate between the launch of this project over four years back and Feb this year.

At the time the JR project was launched ( I would guess about five years back for the intial idea) it was no doubt viable but the harsh reality of the economic downturn and the long time required to get the new aircraft online resulted in the launch of a business into a totaly different economic world.

I'm sure that a lot of good business ideas have gone to the wall in these hard economic times through on fault of their own, with perfect foresight no doubt some could have been saved, but what I can't understand is that with the foresight that is shown on this forum why we are not all national lottery millionairs?