PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Darke to be re-elected!!! Vote
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2002, 22:08
flappless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,

"CD can indeed communicate via official BALPA email lists if he so pleases; it is strange however that he chose not to do so until late. One might be forgiven for thinking it has something to do with the election!
Unquote

I guess that means he is NOT spamming when he uses the internal e-mailing lists as he is entitled to do so. Mr Cathcart is because he isn't! On re-reading my original post I accept that I suggested he was one of 'your team' - what I meant was that he was one of your supporters. I guess that makes him a fan of yours rather than a team member - fair enough. Frankly if CD has decided to suddenly see the light, as a result of this election, to start communicating more then thats fine by me.

I liken you to an MP who has decided to change the party which he represents without resigning and going to the ballot box. That is why you should have planned ahead and stepped down from the NEC and then launched your campaign to remove CD. It would have been an 'honourable' thing to do although there is clearly little honour here !

You and your supporters are being rather selective in the questions you are choosing to answer. If you look at your manifestos you will see that no other CC's apart from BA's are supporting you. WHY IS THAT ? It is a simple question. Why is it that everyone else is wrong ? No doubt you will answer that the other CC's did not ask their members but I am sure they have a pretty good idea of what their members would want and what is best for BALPA and themselves.

So, to recap,
a) Why is it that NO other CC decided to support you ?
b) Jusify the cost of two elections from the subscriptions of all the members.
c) Give us your feelings about the impact of the bad press which has been generated by using this medium for your election campaign. There have been thousands of 'hits' on this thread. If I lived abroad I would wonder what on earth was going on at BALPA.

Keep it simple and just answer the questions.