PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot training in latin america
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2009, 01:56
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PP i did my ppl in argentina but couldnt get a cpl because you NEED to have a high school certificate from Argentina or a country which has agreement i.e. chile, paraguay etc... the usa does not so i was out of luck. i went to uruguay and they didnt care about the high school requirement but you have to be a CITIZEN to get a cpl !
Good to know. Some flimsy European secondary education (not Spanish) probably wouldn't do either. Haven't checked that myself. Anyway, not sure I'd be able to crack all the air law stuff at CPL level to do it.
From my online research of some study materials I downloaded some RAVs and Q&A for the tests for PPL/CPL exams in Venezuela.

Bolivia has one school called SkyTeam (and funky paint jobs on their Cessnas), reasonable pricing, maybe not such hassle as Arg, Uruguay etc.
Anyway, that's my plan, doing some fun PPL training, XC flying, gliding, then doing FAA papers, since I'd need them later on anyway.
Just finding enough time for heading over

LDF, I've picked couple schools/clubs further North in Argentina, but surely will stop by South, if not part of some great XC trip, at least to check out some gliding clubs, rent a plane in Ushuaia etc. This requires timing thanks to seasons, though..