PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 22:13
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance of a Manchester to Gatwick route ??
Hi ib16uk; I cant see this happening unless BA withdraw, however, with BA having a shareholding in Flybe I imagine Flybe would be onto it so quickly!

Re the German domestic routes, Easyjet wanted to have a major presence in Germany in recent years but there were hurdles to this for one thing going say into Frankfurt there were no slots. Besides that they only have a base at Berlin in Germany now that Dortmund is closed, so the likely markets that they would look at would be ex Berlin... and with limited other airports served within Germany at a significant distance these are limited. Check the map at easyjet.com

As regards Barcelona Madrid this route is apparently the busiest in Europe. It it hottly contested, Vueling say that they have 23% of the passengers with 18% of the capacity, this was an interesting statistic that i read somewhere. With so many airlines on this corridor it is unlikely that Easyjet would go in. There are plenty of routes from Madrid only served by Iberia that they would find rich pickings on?? What do you think?

EI-BUD