PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 22:11
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timesreader,
Foreign tourists do like to visit an area of specific interest to them. The scenery is spectacular from several high vantage points over looking the Tees Estuary but only if you a fan of the film Bladerunner.( Expanation too long for here please see Scott brothers film directors) . We are locally and perhaps regionally proud of the largest working transporter bridge in the world and the oldest surviving lifeboat in the world at Redcar ( The Zetland 1802 ) but then we start to struggle and I am not sure that these are nationally of great import let alone of international interest. Durham Cathedral I hear you shout. Yes possibly but it is actually 3/10ths of a mile closer to NCL than MME. So much for BMI.
I am a great supporter of Teesside but even I struggle to map a tourist trail. Even Captain Cook's house dosen't exist anymore.
I do think the international tourist trade is beyond Peel and anyone else for that matter to project with any confidence on the world stage.
Nice thought though. Back to the drawing board. Does anyone else have any marketing ideas for Teesside Airport?

Last edited by paarmo; 27th Aug 2009 at 13:11.