PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Long Haul Cabin Crew Surplus???
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 21:34
Jelly Shots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a nurse in a previous life and everyone who works in any medical field knows how dangerous fatigue can be.
twiggs,I'm all for women expressing themselves but you are on your own with this one girl.
I have seen the result of fatigue in a number of people ending up in hospital.When asked how did it happen the answer so many times was I have done this for years but today I was tired and not thinking.From industrial accidents,recreational mishaps and as the 'stop revive survive' ads tell us car accidents.

In our job it can happen so easily especially at the end of a flight during landing.The flight crew are tired and so are we.Something happens and without checking for fire someone opens a door and the result is fire in the cabin.twiggs,if everyone at that area is dead how can you ascertain that it was not fatigue that killed them.Yes that is dramatic but that is what life and death is when it happens.
I don't know where you work but when someone is saying to me that fatigue or tiredness is not a safety factor it sounds fishy to me.