PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS355 Cat A Equivalence - Proof??
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 21:26
biz-buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS355 Cat A Equivalence - Proof??

I am in the middle of a major discussion with EASA, the DGAC and Eurocopter regarding the compliance of the AS355 F and N series with the FAR 27 and FAR 29 criteria for Category A Certification equivalence. A real farce.

Despite the fact that there are a large number of aircraft in EASA airspace which currently operate to these criteria, nobody can produce any official DGAC or CAA for that matter, certificate which clearly states that with the retrofit parts installed, the aircraft complies with the Engine Isolation requirements. What a joke!

I thought perhaps that amongst the wealth of professional operators present, somebody might have a copy of an official document which clearly states that if fitted with the necessary retrofit bits, the AS355 F and N series comply and so have Cat A equivalence. To further confuse the situation EASA actually refer to the AS355 in the latest draft of NPA Ops 38 F.4.7, see page 9 of 203.

It is also worth noting:
The AS355 NP is now certified (See EASA site TCDS) as being Cat A equivalent.
The F, N and NP apart from the engines and minor transmission mods, are identical, except that the NP has the retrofit bits installed on the assembly line!

I would be most grateful for any documents relating to this Cat A equivalence question , or any comments from any interested parties who currently operate these aircraft what they plan to do after 2010.