PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma!!
Thread: Dilemma!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 19:23
Supersport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice is ignore all the sensible 'concerntrate on one thing 100% bla bla' advice posted here. I'm doing exactly the same thing as you, but reckon I'm a year or two further down the line.

I have a wife and son and have a more than happy family life, I work full time Monday to Friday for a multi-national IT reseller (IBM Enterprise Sales) I own my own sucessful business (4 years and counting) which I run part time from home which I'm starting to see a good ROI for now (an accountant does my books, don't pay anywhere near £1,200!), I passed my PPL (JAA) a little over 18 months ago, I'm now studying for ATPL exams and will be starting the CPL flight training soon with a view to getting the FI rating, I also race a 600 Honda at 9 or 10 club meetings a year. Added to which I'll soon be starting a honours degree in marine biology (distance learning).

Sounds like a lot, but we live in the Uk! I only manage to fly probably 50% of the time I plan to due to weather! Which I then use to study -fly on the good weather days, study on the bad weather days etc etc (not all - BW flying is invaluable experience, instructor present recommended!). Anyway, what I'm trying to say is JUST GO FOR IT! The only thing in the above that is worthwhile mentioning is family. If they're your side and all is OK financially (which you've stated is) there is nothing stopping you.

Good Luck!

SS600

Last edited by Supersport; 25th Aug 2009 at 19:36.