PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces mail to the 'stan
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 18:38
Brewers Droop

Definately says "Forces Mail to the 'stan" at the top of the page.

Mr C. Agree and disagree! I think most people appreciate the reality of the situation. However, having sat in aforementioned fox hole (well, more scorpions than red vermin that can't be hunted anymore) I'm just saying mail is important. I don't think we should discourage the public sending this stuff through (though I would be interested as to how it gets to who?).

I just think the "we haven't got enough AT so lets bin the mail" is a linear arguement. Has anyone thought about priority family mail, size restrictions, alternative means etc (okay, I accept this is a bit difficult in a landlocked country with restrictive LLOCs and the fact that it will cost money that we haven't got). Lets even tell people what to send (less socks, more gold and gentleman magazines!) The military postal system, though full of a bunch of really "can do" guys, seems to be little changed since WW2 (well except the recent decision to bin BFPO next year in a number of NATO static locations - great well thought through decision guys -really raised morale in the families ).

Surely its one of those issues that could be resolved by a little bit of lateral thinking, particularly prioritisation between family and public mail?

But I'm probably wrong with everything I've just said and I'm sure someone will be keen to remind me!