PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma!!
Thread: Dilemma!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 18:24
maxialphas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPT,

No offence taken!

It aint like i havent paid considerably more into the system than i will be taking out anyway lol

Aviation photography seems the logical choice yes but according to my research it is extremely hard to even make a little bit of a living out of it due the vast amount of people willing to do it for free

Aerial photography is another that is extremely difficult to make money out of.

I know there is alot of competition in flight schools and photography but isnt there with everything these days?

I think by adding value in other areas, be that better customer services, better prices, better flexibility there will always be scope for new companies to get a slice of the action.

In my computer business we struggled a few years ago , i spotted a gap in the market, and started offering free computer lessons once a month to newbies.

Took off , my sales increased and all it cost me was a thursday night once a month for 2hrs teaching people the basics of a computer.

Going back to a flight school for instance. I do genuinely belive that with a microlight and a good dose of hard work it could be a success , even if it meant employing an instructor whilst i trained , i would still make money out of the £100 per hour training charge that is typical these days.

Ben