PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma!!
Thread: Dilemma!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 16:47
maxialphas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Sorry i should have given more details.

I have been succssfully running my own business for the last 6yrs , but the area i am in is in decline and i wanted to change before it got stale.

It is a foundation degree in business and marketing for 2yrs with the option to do the 3rd year.

I have specifically chosen to do this as i have no debt , or mortgage so can comfortably live on very little , and yes i will need to pay the student loan back but i am entitled to quite aq few grants that i dont need to pay back.

I have some money put aside also to help with living costs and have budgeted and have nearly £2000 per month left over after all my bills are met.

That is enough to learn my PPL easily and then some. or if i did the photography thats more than enough to rent a little unit and work from there.

I am doing the business course as i feel i lack in mass marketing and would benefit from the extra skills of trying to get customers in.

I am just at the point in my life where i want to start doing something I enjoy as the business im in i inherited from family and tbh am fed up with it.

Basically i want a fresh start.

Niknak,

With respect im hardly naive , who said i was poor??, im not stupid and know its extremely hard to run a business these days as i run one 6 days a week.

A successful business is a profitable business , i know that and if i can manage to get more in than out then i will have succeeded.

It isnt like i have no experience of budgeting and making ends meet!