PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL training as a Teenager?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 16:19
phzabriskie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking up for the USA

You have outstanding advise here, medical, school, planning, Canada spoke up that training is cost effective(cheaper). No one from the USA yet so just to say if you get into gliders and get sometime logged I know that at least one Professional pilot from the UK at Oshkosh this year told the EAA members that she came here to get her private and commercial for the cost savings. There are a large number of pilot instructional colleges and there are scholarships, EAA (experimental aircraft association) has tuition and youth flying camps. Like the exchange students we housed in school in yesteryear I will bet there are opportunities to come fly the USA. Blue skies. Pete Z
P.S. EAA is International, there is no chapter in the UK, I can't believe it, but you could start one. As a EAA Chapter a member pilot who gives a Young Eagle,(youth 8-17) a ride in the members plane, the new Young Eagle gets both her/his name in the worlds' largest log book, and access to Sporty's Flight Instruction School's online PPL training course....a really good deal, I paid for mine. Check out; Neal Spooner, Colchester, Essex, UK He flies aerobatics behind a VW, he is part of our builders web group. Cheers again. Pete