PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rosters at EK
Thread: Rosters at EK
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 15:11
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
''Desperate times desperate measures. We are hurting more than everybody think''

Yes WE are hurting but not the company. You have fallen for the propaganda.

EK is doing fine and exceptionally well if compared to any other airline in the world. The real problem is that Dubai (replace 'Dubai' with whomever you wish, for example Government), is raping EK. Is there anyone who believes that EK is not 'funding' Dubai's massive debt?

The departments at EK responsible for ticket pricing, choosing the most profitable destinations and route structure have always been operated effectively. Now, suddenly they have got it all wrong?
Not a chance... especially considering fuel is cheaper than what was budgeted for, we are using less fuel as well, AND our loads are 83.5%. It is beyond 'reason' that ticket prices were set so wrong. Besides, EK is still way more expensive than any other airline in the region.

WE the employees are suffering, in order to keep Dubai afloat and I would prefer if they would be honest about it, instead of winding up the propaganda machine.

There is no accountability with respect to profits, who takes what, and where exactly the money goes. To believe that Dubai is not reaching deep into EK's pockets, is naive. I would do the same if I ran this place.

So.... to excuse EK for continually altering our T&C's, messing with our rosters, and basically destroying our quality of life, just 'encourages' them to continue down this path.

(Pardon the thread drift)