PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Thomas awarded RAES "Journalist of the Year"
Old 25th Aug 2009, 14:13
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Geoff, if you can't see that the use of your word mischevious left a lasting impression in the minds of the public that the entire campaign was about overseas maintenance rather than it being 98% about QF's lack of engagement in meaningful enterprise bargaining then you've just gone down another two or three pegs in my opinion.

I generally don't mind most of your articles but it's your lack of care as evidenced in this one example that causes me to question your motives.

My point was the no-one would question the maintenance done to... SQ... aircraft.
Really? You need to talk to people like KT in SIN. You need to talk to some of the supervising LAMEs up there including one bloke that left QF to go to SAEC (I think) and then returned a few years later. You need to talk to some of the ICAO auditing teams that go through there from time to time. Find some engineers and pilots that worked on the former SQ 744s that were leased by Ansett and ask them about SQ maintenance. Like John Laws used to say, 'oils ain't oils'.