PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoffrey Thomas awarded RAES "Journalist of the Year"
Old 25th Aug 2009, 12:59
geoffrey thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALAEA Fed Sec

Good questions I would agree.

My only issue with the stand taken by the union was simply that all maintenance done overseas was shonky and thus scaring the travelling public.

Qantas has had its work done overseas for decades at place like Manila, (Lufthansa) Singapore by SIA Engineering, Malaysia (MAS), New Zealand, Hong Kong and various places in China.

My point was the no-one would question the maintenance done to CX, SQ and LH aircraft.

SIA refute absolutely that they were responsible for the shonky wiring and claim its was from part of the aircraft they had nothing to do with.

Agree absolutely that the management of QF did the wrong thing by the engineers but that is another issue and I have covered off on that many times in my attacks on QF management both in print on radio and TV.

I was extremely critical of the Airline Partners Australia buyout and fought relentlessly for that to fail.

Sincerely hope that after the settling in period the new management embraces staff for the benefit of all at Qantas.

Hope that answers some of your queries.

And I am happy to look at the issue more closely perhaps for ATW or Australian AViation.

Best GT

Last edited by geoffrey thomas; 25th Aug 2009 at 13:14. Reason: Spelling