PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore's Newest Flight School: Scam or the real thing
Old 25th Aug 2009, 12:51
gengis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dani:

Gengis, like it or not, but MPL FOs are here and fly. There is a number of reputed airlines in Europe (and soon all over the world) who train their pilots into an airliner without ever gained a PPL or CPL. MPL doesn't mean you don't fly. It consists of a number of hours in light single and twin engined aircraft. Experience has shown that it works. They are still in the beginning, so the way they are teached may still change. But it will come, one way or another.

You wont even tell the difference when you meet your ab initio FO the first time - MPL or conventionel training.
Well, like it or not, none of these guys will get any flying from me. Change will come, one way or another - I will do all the flying and unless/until i see that they are up to par AS I EXPECT IT, that's how it will be.

Such guys will only get PM roles, but I wouldn't even bet on their R/T being up to it. They can come out of the 200 hrs in a sim - where the only airplane that ATC needs to talk to is YOU - and i wanna watch them thrown into the deep end at JFK/LAX/LHR.

Yes, change will come... and i'm looking forward to it.