PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2009, 05:41
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James

I haven't said a adverse word about JR, so please dont try to hit me around the head with other peoples offerings but....

The point you are trying to make about the quality of the business plan by demonstrating that a load of investors thought it a good one and more laughably that Bombardier thought it was a good idea is imho laughable.

A) The side of the road is littered with some serious investors who have lost cumulatively billions of dollars, being taken in with the sexy opportunity to make money out of aviation from Netjets to Dayjet its right there - And this was before a global financial crisis - what chance JR?? Pilots and aviation enthusiasts and management should be banned from entering the City of London with a laptop with powerpoint on it

B) Bombardier had signed deposited orders for 25 Aircraft - thats more than enough to "put a line" back into production, Cessna have the C750 jigs in a lockup somewhere..... they'll make room and make one tomorrow if I sign an order and send them some money.

yes they probably wanted to examine the business plan but were they really going to say no assuming that the on costs of pre production were covered by deposits. How could they say no? They have got to be in it to win it, they were probably treating the option element of the order as gravy if it happened.

Regardless of the above they went swimming in very stormy waters, despite the red flag on the beach with these unfortunate results.

Good luck to all the JR staff in finding employment ASAP