PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces mail to the 'stan
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 20:09
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moosemaster

Hi.
I read the little gem here on PPRuNe (and other places).
The general gist was the medical equipment needed to treat the soldier was not available in any military facility here in the UK, so USAF did the deed, inc med staff, and consultants etc, use of a US military hospital in Germany, and a private helicopter for a bit of ferrying.
I'm not sure what point you were getting at, but if you feel the RAF had a spare C17 and C130 at the time for this individual (plus the right medical equipment and staff etc), then it was odd we did not use them.

I am glad that Beags et all seem more charitable than some other posters, and do seem to understand the value of 'tat' on troops morale.
On the other hand (as an outsider now) it seems that so many serving are just resigned to coping with an overstretched and underfunded system, that they do not realise that their continued acceptence of the system allows policiticians to keep it that way.
If our forces had only been in Afganistan for a couple of months, or were due to leave soon, then the mail could be left in the state it is.......But we havn't, and we arn't