PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Safety report
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 19:51
cessnapuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

But straight cover-up in such 'sunshine' as would surround this and other reports which conspiracy theorists bandy about the same notion, is extremely difficult if only in getting everyone onside and making sure they all keep quiet.
This is just not true. A conspiratorial 'cover up' is not some huge organized and rehearsed event like Synchronized Swimming in the olympics Rather, it most often is a conspiracy of like mindedness and a precognition of what the outcome is supposed to be or supposed to NOT be It takes a very firmly rooted organizational culture and an independently mandated investigative body like the NTSB for example, to properly execute a proper unbiased fact-finding investigation. Other organizations are not as fortunate nor apolitical and easily find some other cause of an accident that fits their cultural leanings and predispositions. Even a 'science' as accepted as finger print matching , 80% of 'experts' were able to make a positive id on fingerprint samples with a crime scene (when told beforehand that the prints came from a suspect already in custody) YET CAME WITH AN OPPOSITE VERDICT WHEN TOLD THE SAMPLE CAME FROM AN INNOCENT CONTROL SET OF PRINTS.
Look too, at how the Egyptians investigated the air crash where the their pilot crashed the plane EgyptAir Flight 990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I put it to you that the Egyptian 'investigation' was as much a conspiracy as any you'll find! - Did they specifically start out to deceive or defraud? perhaps not, but they already started with the worst component in an investigation. A specific vested interest in the outcome and perhaps a predetermined belief as to what happened. I can tell you sir, that I see 'cover ups' DAILY (oft times its the same one from yesterday, but you get my drift ) In all cases there is the driving force of the investigation, sometimes a 'driving individual' i.e. Like a Dick Cheney who led his intimidating presence around the CIA until they 'found the Slam Dunk' to justify the war, or more commonly, a 'cloud', a pervasive 'if you know whats good for you, you dont look there - or say that- or use THAT word'.. color it, say 'possibly' instead of 'probably'. You can see even in the preliminary AF447 report, a shading of the 'coin toss' if you will...'The plane DID NOT break up in the air!' (not even a little bit? the skeptics ask) and so it goes
Conspiracies are not the sudden deluge, the rug lifted, and a dozen civil servants with brooms at the ready. Its more often paths NOT taken, people NOT interviewed, 'chains of custody NOT maintained' so that in the end, only ONE outcome is forthcoming.
p.s. not saying that a conspiracy exists, (in this case) just saying that just because you dont smell peanuts doesnt mean there is an elephant..somewhere....

Last edited by cessnapuppy; 24th Aug 2009 at 19:53. Reason: unmangled post