PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2009, 16:45
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Having been absent for a week or so (due to youngest son getting married), some interesting posts have appeared, and in some cases disappeared as well it would seem! It is notable that at last there is testimony that the FADEC code was indeed revised following this accident, along with other known deficiencies such as the DECU connector and the Control Pallet no doubt. The one known in an accident strewn with both known and unknown unknowns is that this aircraft was unairworthy, and grossly so at that given that it badly affected engine and flight controls. That indeed was known by RAF Higher Command even as the original and restricted RTS was granted. That such an irresponsible and reckless decision could be taken is breathtaking enough, but then attempting to cover that up by conducting such a partisan and biased accident investigation resulting in the infamous finding of Gross Negligence on the two deceased pilots is shameful and unforgivable. I cannot see any way that the Royal Air Force can ever look back on this affair without shame. That the finding should be reversed and the pilots reputations be restored is clear. That UK Military Airworthiness be removed from the indifferent hands of the MOD into the hands of those who care about such things is urgent. But neither act will expunge this dishonourable act that has besmirched the proud name of the Royal Air Force. For shame!
caz, I know that you will not receive this post gladly and that we are fated for ever to disagree on how we view this accident and its investigation, but may I sincerely add my condolences to those that have already been expressed for your bereavement?