PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore's Newest Flight School: Scam or the real thing
Old 24th Aug 2009, 15:54
wannabe15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to hear from ST about the MPL program.

Just to add: In all fairness, the USD125k consists of the A320 TR course, which i believed to be in the region of USD60k. So actually to a potential trainee who goes through the traditional route and thereafter take on the TR course, USD125k seems about right?

As for the merits of the MPL, do a google search and there will be pros and cons to the program. I am no expert to judge since i'm only a tiny PPL holder self studying for ATPL subjects. But i understand that Lufthansa in Europe is now on MPL so there could be merits to it. And Lufthansa is no fly by nite carrier.

gengis: I understand your predicament. No pilot (or pax for that matter) would wish to fly with someone with no real experience other then in the sim. i stand corrected but suppose this chap pass his sim check ( and i believed it will be a rigorous check ride no doubt) and release for line training, gradually he will gain the real experience of flying the jet as time progresses? it's like learning how to drive a big bus. Nowadays, SBS transit even have their own sim to train the bus captains. Thereafter they are released to the road and have real road experience with the instructor by their side. Isn't it how these bus captains are trained these days? Is there not a similar vein to what the MPL is providing?

cheers